it's the shiznit

news, reviews and banter on r'n'b, hiphop, garage, grime, bassline, soul, electro and house. standard.

Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor shelved?...

Published by Warren Dell under on Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Bad news for the backpackers amongst us as it looks as though due to Internet leaks Lupe Fiasco's hotly anticipated long player will be shelved. Originally scheduled for a summer release Food & Liquor was five years in the making, but the leaks have caused Lupe to wonder whether it will now get a release. Speaking to AllHipHop.com he was in philosophical mood "Hey s**t happens. An unmixed version of Food & Liquor got leaked yesterday so I assume its on [file-sharing services like] Limewire and Bittorrent and all that s**t,” the rapper stated. “Its stuff like this that makes you wanna just be like f**k it. A lotta time and money and bulls**t went into creating that album. Over the years I've had my people die, get locked up, my company get shut down, weak a** ‘intelligent Black men’ in my own crew turn against me and just when things are starting to look good [this happens].”

Lupe was working in the studio with Jill Scott at the time of hearing the news, with other guests on the album including Jay-Z, Three 6 Mafia and Pharrell he was sitting on one highly-anticipated album. Whether it will be repacked at a later date seems uncertain, but Lupe seems keen to stay in positive about the leak "Everything happens for a reason and God wills what He wills when He wills so I gotta take this one and keep it moving. I'm goin’ to take some time out and refocus on some other things for a minute-maybe my sneaker and toy stuff,” he explained. “God-willing get back in the studio and get back to work. I hope it doesn’t hit the streets as a bootleg, but I got this real deep feeling that it will, so I'm writing off Food & Liquor as you know it or may have heard it and starting over.”

He first created a buzz with his appearance on fellow Chicago affiliate Kanye West's Late Registration, earlier this year he released the The mixtape Fahrenheit 1/5 part 6 that's worth a look with the singles Kick, Push and Tilted a taster of what to expect in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Recent Posts