it's the shiznit

news, reviews and banter on r'n'b, hiphop, garage, grime, bassline, soul, electro and house. standard.

Graduation...

Published by Warren Dell under on Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Kanye you done done it again...

Early highlights for me are the Goodlife, Flashing Lights, Champion and Big Brother. The artwork is pretty hot too. Isn't it ironic that Kanye's embarrassing moment at the MTV Europe awards last year has seen him stumble across the sounds Ed Banger and other dance music, which are a clear influence on a few of the tracks. Those that like that Kanye boom-bap and sample sound needn't fret though as that's catered for too. I won't be buying Fiddy's album to compare as it's not my thing and I doubt he will make a better album. I'd expect he will out sell Kanye though as his name has a bigger reach in buyers than Kanye.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Recent Posts